Thursday, March 15, 2012

Visiting My Happy Place...

Posted by Crazee Lady at 10:00 AM
When you are little bit crazy with a side of opinionated it can be difficult to avoid confrontation. It's amazing that I've spent so many years working with kids considering how very much their parents piss me off. Fortunately for us all I was raised in the south and we did learn a little bit more than how to install a gun rack in the window of a pick-up. Those who still reside in the south would tell you that we learned how to have manners. They would shout from the rooftops that we learned to say please and thank you and be happy about it. Let me set you straight. They are full of shit. We did not learn manners. We learned how to lie.

Those of us 'ladies'  that grew up in the south learned that we don't tell someone when they are a moron. We learned that we are to bite our tongues rather than respond to insults and innuendos. Most of all, we learned that we simply do not say what we feel or what we are going through regardless of how true it might be. Instead we plaster on a pretty little smile and tell everyone that asks how happy we are.

I'm guessing at this point you get a pretty good idea of why I'm happier in the Midwest. Don't mistake that for being ashamed of where I came from. I just happen to be the person that spits out whatever crosses my mind at the time and deal with the consequences later. It does me well up there. There, well let's just say I embarrassed my family a few too many times.

That being said, I would not say that I thrive on arguing. I don't feel some intense pleasure from telling someone what a jackass they are. Well, okay, maybe Grumpy. But otherwise it's just the way it is. Neither good nor bad. Unless it invades my happy place.

Facebook is my happy place. I spend far too much of my life trying to work and pay bills. I enjoy getting together with friends here and people from church, but Facebook is where I can let loose and just be myself. If I ever ran for office, Facebook would be at the center of the scandal. Oh yes, there would be a scandal.

So yesterday I commented to a perfectly innocent conversation about dessert. It was never intended to be a political debate. It was never intended to result in my insistence that the other party was small minded, ignorant and not worth the time it takes me to debate. Yet somehow that is what happened. It was a friend of a friend and they felt the need to use condescending terms to demean people hoping to piss me off because of my political views. Hell, I was raised in the south. I am accustomed to those around me having a lot of crap to say about my political views. I do not fit the mold in which I was raised.

What pissed me off was the comment. The word that was used. The fact that I find it degrading to an entirely innocent group of people. So I said so. After which I was repeatedly insulted to the point where I used the block feature for the first time. I refuse to allow someone to encroach upon my happy place.

Considering the amount of times in life that I manage to blurt out the sheer stupidity of someone, I am thinking that it might be wise to revisit the Xanax idea. I am certain that a couple of those puppies and a mug of vodka would do the trick. Perhaps the world would be a much better place if I just opted to stay away from people altogether.  I'm not sure what would be the best idea.  With 80% of my friends list having polar opposite political opinions than I do, maybe I should just delete my account until after the election.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Bras, Boys N Bathrooms Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review