Friday, March 30, 2012

Mess with Me and Scrub a Urinal....

Posted by Crazee Lady at 3:47 PM
When you have a teenager you know that life is a turbulent ride. It's even worse with a teenage girl because you have the whole added bonus of PMS to contend with. Your normally sullen teenage daughter can go from fine to bitch in 2.3 seconds. So it's always a bonus when you have a day where she willingly does a chore, smiles at you or simply doesn't jump down your throat because you made the mistake of existing on the same planet. Then there are those other moments. Those sweet times that are few and far between. Those times when you can look at said teenager and laugh. Hysterically. It is even sweeter when what you are laughing at is their own torment.

Let me give you a back story. Drama Queen has a BFF. This BFF has been around for 9 years now. She's as much my daughter as DQ is. In fact, from time to time she practically lives at our house. Since crazee people tend to associate with crazee people, it makes sense that BFF has learned that humor, sarcasm and humiliation are the main rules in our home. And she is good at it. For the past year or so, BFF has taken to hacking my Facebook page. Even if I log out, she is able to get in because my browser remembers the password. Convenient for me on the days that she is not here. Not so much on the days she is.

My statuses always revolve around my butt, my feet, warts and gas. It's become so common that if she isn't around for a while people on my Facebook start telling me they miss her and the hacking. New people on my Facebook are often shocked and I can't count the number of times I've had church people come to me with amazed faces and ask who in the world hacked my account. And because passing gas and warts on the feet is always a great conversation to have at church, I answer.

So the other day BFF was here and we even went so far as to play board games with the two of them. I took time off from work to do so. And what did I get? A new Facebook status. Of course it was about my butt and my feet. Well we had an obligation to go and help with the spring cleaning at church. At first, the girls didn't want to go. In typical teenage style they waited until we were halfway there to change their minds and have us come back for them. So we did. Little did I know that I had posted another status while I was in the car on my way to church.

We picked them up and we headed to church. When we got there they put me and Grumpy to work right away helping go through, clean and organize toys in the kids rooms. DQ and BFF were left on their own. I knew someone would find something for them to do. Imagine my surprise, and utter joy, when I found out they were sent to clean the bathroom. The mens bathroom.

It was a sweet revenge that I could not have planned better if I had had a hand in it. These girls that had taken to hacking my Facebook status were standing face to face with urinals. They later went to the nursery to help, but the entire ride back home they griped about cleaning the bathroom. And I laughed. And I thought to myself that this was one moment I would not forget.

And when a new friend walked up to me that night in church and looked shocked when she asked about who hacked my Facebook, I answered politely with the truth. Inside, I was laughing and saying "The one that is currently cleaning the urinals. Payback is hell".

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Bras, Boys N Bathrooms Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review